The Student Life Project Steering Committee is empowered to propose, initiate, develop and run projects which address all aspects of a student’s experience and interaction with the College of Business, Government and Law other than those associated with education quality. The fundamental underlying goal of the Student Life Project Steering Committee is to build a collaborative approach to supporting student success and to further the “Students as Partners” objective.
The Steering Committee will meet 4 times per year (or more frequently if it determines is necessary) to consider the progress of projects underway, and to initiate new projects if required.
The Steering Committee will determine the projects that need to be run to achieve the purpose of the overall Student Life Project. These projects will be activity-based groups and will be comprised of individuals expected to undertake the work required to implement any actions associated with the project. The Steering Committee may call for or invite individuals to join a project team as it deems appropriate. The Steering Committee may seek guidance and assistance from College Leadership when composing project teams. Students and colleagues from outside the College may be members of project teams.
Projects may be time limited or perpetual. Perpetual projects are those which are intended continuously respond to and monitor an issue which has been identified as a sustained risk to the student experience.
Perpetual Projects include but are not limited to -
The Steering Committee will also:
- provide advice to the Dean (Education) as to the distribution of any college based SSAF funding and report on activities supported by SSAF.
- plan and run College based orientation events
- provide a representative to sit on relevant central working groups as relevant (e.g., Orientation Planning Group, Wellbeing, Employability and Retention Working Groups).
- liaise with and assist the College Education Committee;
- liaise with and assist the College Learning and Teaching Academy;
- provide an annual report on activities to the College Education Committee