Flinders University has car parks available throughout Bedford Park campus for students, staff and visitors.
You must pay for parking when parked on campus from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Parking is free on nationally recognised public holidays, as are weekends. Please park in a general marked parking bay (white) at all times. Reserved, access (disability), loading zones, blue bays and signed 'at all times' parking areas are monitored 24/7 and are not general marked parking bays.
Licence plate recognition technology is used on campus removing the need to display physical permits and tickets.
By parking on campus you agree to the terms and conditions below.
You can choose between the following options to suit your individual circumstances:
Important note: Whether you have a vPermit or you’re using CellOPark, ensure you have a valid parking session by making sure the licence plate of the car you have on campus matches the active/live car in the parking system at all times.
If you have a vPermit you do not need to purchase casual parking unless you wish to park in car parks 6 or 13 (two-hour maximum parks only).
|Staff parking options||2023||2024|
|1||Fortnightly salary sacrifice (ongoing payroll deduction)||$46.01||$47.39|
|2||vPermits (credit card)|
|Half yearly (valid until 30 June)||$660||$680|
|Yearly (valid until 31 December)
|3||Fortnight vPermit (credit card)||$90||$93|
|4||CellOPark casual PAYG (credit card)|
|Staff (per hour)||$2.50||$2.60|
|Staff daily cap||$10.00||$10.50|
The cost of half yearly and yearly parking permits will now be adjusted from the date of purchase.
|Student parking options||2023||2024|
|1||vPermits via Okta|
|Half yearly (valid until 30 June)||$190||$215|
|Yearly (valid until 31 December)
|2||vPermit pay monthly by instalment via Okta*|
|(valid until 31 December)||$31.50||$36|
|2||CellOPark casual PAYG via CellOPark app|
|Student (per hour)||$1.25||$1.30|
|Student daily cap||$5.00||$5.20|
*Please note, the monthly instalment is an ongoing commitment for a full-year permit, with the payment costs spread in monthly instalments across the year
*All pricing may be subject to change
There are two options for short term parking on campus:
Please note: if you move your car to a different park within the same zone, there's no need to stop your parking session and restart it. If you do, it may impact what you have to pay (particularly the capped maximum rates for students and staff), as it will reset when stopped.
If you move car parks from one zone to a different zone you must stop your parking session and start another session in the new zone.
CellOPark enables you to use your mobile phone (or any internet connected device) to start and stop a parking session, via an app on your mobile phone. You can also use CellOPark through a PC or any internet connected device through the CellOPark website or by calling CellOPark on 1300 467 275 (1300 GO PARK).
You can add up to three cars in CellOPark. To ensure you have a valid parking session, make sure the licence plate of the car you have on campus matches the active car in the CellOPark system at all times.
A parking zone is linked to where you are parked on campus and affects who can park (eg students, staff or visitors), time limits (eg 2-hour only) and in some instances how much you pay. It’s important you enter the right zone when starting and stopping your parking session. Entering the wrong zone could result in you being charged incorrectly or may result in a fine. Use the Bedford Park campus map to locate and select your car park.
There are three Flinders University parking zones:
CellOPark also caters for parking mobility. You can move your car on campus between the same zones (eg general to general, two-hour to two-hour zones).
Download the app from the App store for IOS or Android. There is a free, one-off registration. On registration you must provide the following:
After this one-off registration, you can use the system straight away:
Use one of the three options below:
It’s important you read and understand CellOPark’s terms and conditions before using these services.
If you wish to terminate your agreement with CellOPark, please contact them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1300 CellOPark.
There are two ways to buy visitor parking:
The parking machines are ticketless, so there’s no need to return to your car after you have paid.
Flinders Living students can purchase vPermits in exactly the same way as other students.
Your Flinders Living vPermit is valid in car parks 11, 17, and 19. If you wish to park in other car parks on campus you will need to purchase additional casual parking.
To obtain swipe card access to car park 11, visit Flinders Living Reception after you have purchased your permit.
There is currently no charge for motorcycle parking. Please park in a designated motorcycle park in car parks 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14 and 15.
Access parking is available in most car parks. An Australian Disability Parking Permit is required to be displayed as per the permit's conditions when parked on campus.
You do not require a vPermit or CellOPark session if you have an Australian Disability Parking permit.
Please display your Australian Disability Parking permit clearly to avoid a fine.
These car parks are strictly monitored.
Apply for a short-term disability permit Flinders University’s Health and Counselling Services. This is a non-renewable, permit available for 3-months maximum and you will need written evidence from a treating medical professional. These permits are only valid when displayed with vPermits or valid casual parking sessions.
Other short-term support permits are also available for staff and students for pregnancy (from 30 weeks gestation) and breastfeeding and allows parking in all disability parking bays on campus. These short-term support parking permits and are only valid if displayed in conjunction with a valid vPermit.
Apply for these permits through Flinders University’s Health and Counselling Services.
If you are a staff member breastfeeding a child in the Child Care Centre, a special parking permit may be available by emailing email@example.com.
Disabled bays are monitored 24-hours a day and must display a valid permit at all times.
Service specialists can request virtual guest permits on behalf of invited guests for hours or days at a time. The decision to provide and pay for guest and visitor parking remains at the discretion of local areas.
To request virtual guest permits go to Okta or view further information.
Local areas can also continue to reimburse guests’ receipts for parking via the parking machine or CellOPark receipts.
Flinders staff can request a virtual business blue parking permit to access blue bays across campus for 2 or 4 hours at a time. Business blues must be used for short term parking for business purposes in conjunction with a valid parking session.
Business blues are not available for student or visitor use and are not an all-day preferential car park space.
To request a business blue go to Okta or view further information.
Visitors, researchers and partners who access the campus frequently for their business or work to support the University can become a sponsored visitor which enables them to purchase vPermits at the staff rate.
This process continues to be at the discretion of local areas and Colleges who will apply to the parking office on behalf of their researcher/ partner. If the application is approved, the sponsored visitor will need to activate their FAN, register on the vPermit site, create a password, validate their vPermit registration and pay via a credit card.
When driving and parking on campus, you are expected to abide by the University by-laws. Please be aware that failure to do so will result in a fine.
To avoid fines, there are a few things to ensure:
Paying your fine is easy. You can make an online payment with a VISA or MasterCard via the Infringement Payment Portal. You will need your infringement ticket number, licence plate and registration state.
If you believe you have received an infringement that is incorrect or unjust, you can appeal your fine. Upon receipt of your appeal, the expiation notice will be suspended pending an investigation.
Claims that offences were incurred during vehicle breakdown, must be supported by evidence.
Parking fines are managed by the University's parking agent:
Traffic Monitoring Services Pty Ltd
Phone enquiries: (08) 7074 7601
1. Contract: By parking your Vehicle in the Car Park, you agree to a contract with us on these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you must not park your Vehicle in the Car Park.
2. Risk: Your use of the Car Park is at your own risk. You should remove all valuables from your Vehicle before it is left unattended.
3. Release: To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not have any responsibility or liability to you for injury, death, theft, loss or damage, whether to person or property (including your Vehicle and its contents), arising from or in connection with your use of the Car Park, and you release us from any claims in relation to such matters.
4. Indemnity: You indemnify us in respect of any claim made against us, and any expenses incurred by us, as a consequence of, or in any way arising out of, your use of the Car Park.
5. Your liability: You are liable for injury, death, theft, loss or damage, whether to person or property, caused or contributed to by your use of the Car Park, including any damage caused by oil or any other substances from your Vehicle. Where you contribute to injury, death, theft, loss or damage, your liability is limited to the extent of such contribution.
6. Limitation: Nothing in these Terms will release us from liability arising from our own negligence or breach of law.
7. Permit or ticket: You must:
7.1 have a permit or ticket that is valid at all times for every Vehicle that is parked in the Car Park;
7.2 only park in the Car Park, and where relevant a particular parking bay, for which your permit or ticket is valid;
7.3 at all times while your Vehicle is parked in the Car Park, clearly display your permit or ticket on the interior of the Vehicle on the lower left hand corner of the front windscreen, on a plastic hang tag from the rear-vision mirror, or on the dashboard of the Vehicle correctly facing upwards so that the permit or ticket is clearly visible through the front windscreen of the Vehicle (unless you purchased a permit or ticket via an electronic process that does not issue a physical permit or ticket);
8. Booking online: If you booked online to park in the Car Park, or purchased a permit or ticket via any other electronic process that does not issue a physical permit or ticket:
8.1 we use electronic number plate recognition to match your Vehicle to your booking, so the number plate of your parked Vehicle must match the number plate specified for your booking or purchase at all times;
8.2 you can update or change the Vehicle number plate specified for your booking or purchase at any time in order to ensure your parked Vehicle match your booking at all times
8.3 we reserve the right to refuse a refund if you seek to cancel your booking, permit or ticket after we have issued an electronic booking confirmation;
9. Shorter stay: If your Vehicle is parked in the Car Park for less time than is allowed by your permit or ticket, you are not entitled to a refund.
10. Pay only for what you use: If you purchase a permit or ticket via an electronic process that allows you to pay only for the actual time used in the Car Park, you will only be charged for such time used.
11. Monthly Payment Plan (applicable to students only)
11.1 Monthly Payments
(a) If you select this payment method you will pay the total amount for your permit in monthly instalments, in the amount as advised when you signed up, starting from the day you signed up. You will automatically be charged an instalment amount once a month on the same date that you signed up (Billing Date) until you or the last Billing Date in December of the current year. The instalment amount payable on the last Billing Date in December will be a pro-rata amount, depending on the Billing Date.
(b) If your Billing Date is scheduled for a day that does not occur every month (for example, the 31st), you will be billed on the first day of the next instead.
(a) If your monthly payment is unsuccessful for any reason (including insufficient funds or expiry), we will notify you and will attempt to process the payment again 3 business days after your Billing Date. If the payment is still unsuccessful, your permit will automatically be cancelled with immediate effect.
(b) Your vpermit will automatically expire on the 31st of December of the current year, if not cancelled before.
11.3 Payment Details
You can update your payment details at any time under My Permits in the vpermit icon on your Okta dashboard. If you update your payment details, you authorise us to continue deducting monthly payments using the new payment details until the expiry of your vpermit.
12. No guarantee of parking availability: You acknowledge and agree that having a valid permit or ticket does not guarantee parking in the Car Park.
13. Assignment: Permits and tickets are not transferrable, and you must not attempt to transfer, assign or otherwise re-sell any permit or ticket.
14. No obstructions: You must park only in a designated parking bay for which your permit or ticket is valid and not cause any obstructions in or to the Car Park, including by parking across more than one parking bay or otherwise impeding the use of adjacent parking bays.
15. Access Bays: You must not park in an access bay in any Car Park without clearly displaying a current Australian Disability Parking Permit in accordance with the permit's conditions.
16. Signs: You must comply with all signs (including by not parking in areas marked as 'Reserved' or 'No Parking'), and all lawful directions issued verbally or in writing to you by us, relating to the Car Park.
17. Refuse entry: To the fullest extent permitted by law, we may refuse entry to or use of the Car Park to any Vehicle or person at our discretion. If we refuse entry to or use of the Car Park to you after you have purchased a permit or ticket, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage.
18. Surveillance: You consent to:
18.1 being recorded or filmed by CCTV or other surveillance equipment within and surrounding the Car Park for operational, security and safety reasons;
18.2 images and audio of yourself and your Vehicle being stored on our IT systems;
18.3 us disclosing those films, images and related information to anyone (including law enforcement bodies and persons involved in relevant legal or disciplinary actions) to the extent reasonably necessary to protect our lawful interests, the public interest, or the safety of persons or property; and
18.4 us using those films, images and related information as evidence in any dispute involving us.
19. Privacy: You consent to us:
19.1 collecting, storing, using, and managing personal information about you (including your Vehicle number plate) to the extent reasonably necessary for operational, security and safety reasons; and
20. Collection of personal information by third party providers: You acknowledge and agree that:
20.1 where you purchase tickets via an electronic process you may be required to provide personal information to independent third party providers;
20.2 we accept no responsibility for the collection, storage, use and management of your personal information by any third party providers.
21. Expiation fee: If you fail to comply with these terms, we may:
21.1 issue you with an expiation fee in an amount set by us in accordance with our By-laws under the Flinders University Act 1966 (SA);
21.2 affix the notice of the expiation fee to your Vehicle, and this will be sufficient notice to you of the expiation fee.
22. Costs: Flinders University reserves the right to vary parking pricing from time to time. If you fail to pay an expiation fee issued in accordance with these terms within 28 days, or any other monies payable under these Terms within a reasonable period, you will be liable for a reasonable administration fee and such further reasonable costs (including legal costs) as are incurred by us in recovering all monies payable by you in connection with your use of the Car Park.
23. Operational rights: We may enter, move or tow away your Vehicle for operational, security or safety reasons. We are not liable to you for any damage caused, provided we use reasonable care at all times.
24. Abandoned Vehicles: We may remove from the Car Park or the Flinders University campus any Vehicles that we reasonably believe to have been abandoned, and we may destroy or dispose of those Vehicles (including sale by auction) at the cost of the owner. We will refund any sale proceeds to the owner, less all monies owed to us by the owner.
25. Interpretation: In these Terms: 'including' is not a word of limitation; a reference to something includes each part of it; headings are for convenience and do not affect interpretation; any illegal or unenforceable terms may be severed without affecting the validity of the remainder of the Terms; if a word is defined, another part of speech has a corresponding meaning.
Definitions: In these Terms, unless the context requires otherwise:
25.1 Australian Disability Parking Permit means a parking permit issued by an Australian state or territory government to a person with a disability or organisations that provide transport services for them.
25.2 Car Park means all car parks on the Flinders University campus, including all entry and exit ramps and driveways, and all walkways, stairways and lifts servicing the Car Park;
25.3 permit or ticket includes bookings made online, and parking session purchases via any other electronic process that does not issue a physical permit or ticket, to park in the Car Park;
25.4 Terms means the terms and conditions set out in this document;
25.5 Vehicle includes any vehicle, its parts and accessories and any property (including valuables) left in or on it;
25.6 we, us or our means Flinders University and includes our related bodies corporate, agents, contractors, representatives and employees; and
25.7 you or your includes the driver or owner of your Vehicle and any passenger in your Vehicle.
Contact the customer service team:
You consent to the use of our cookies if you proceed.