Vice-Chancellor’s Innovation in Teaching Awards
These awards recognise recent responsive and sustainable educational initiatives that address one of five key strategic objectives of the 2025 Agenda and exemplify a culture of innovation and excellence:
- deliver a richly interactive and personalised approach to learning with a paramount focus on student success
- be an international leader in educational innovation, advanced learning technologies and learning analytics
- develop enterprising graduates equipped with the skills required for success in the knowledge economy
- engage students as partners in the co-creation of a learning experience that inspires achievement
- embed research and critical thinking as core skills for every Flinders graduate.
The key component of a nomination is a 3-5 minute video addressing the chosen strategic objective, pertaining to the following key areas:
- Innovation in curriculum design which includes structures, underpinning educational/ pedagogical theory, assessment, and approach to content.
- Innovation in teaching practice and delivery including in relation to online, partial on campus and/or on campus. At least one award will be made to teaching innovations that involve online or partial on campus delivery.
Each winner (either individual or team) is presented with a certificate and receives a prize of $2000.
Deadline: 2 November 2020