Applying for philanthropic funding? Support is available.
The Trust and Foundations Coordinator in Advancement team, OCME, works closely with Research Development and Support (RDS), the Colleges, Legal and Finance Services to find philanthropic funding opportunities, particularly with Trusts and Foundations, and to support staff wishing to apply for funding in line with existing University requirements.
Internal RDS submission dates apply and certification forms are required for research grant applications.
- identifying funding opportunities
- facilitating meetings to develop and build relationships for long term mutual benefit between trusts and foundations and Flinders University executive and academics
- grant writing support and application review
- assistance with administration
- donor relation support i.e. stewardship, reporting, acquittals and engagement events.
Some trusts, foundations and philanthropic organisations provide purpose-specific grant funding and have formal grant rounds with eligibility and selection criteria. The selection process may be simple or involve several stages, e.g. expression of interest versus request for funding followed by an invitation to submit a grant application. The funding amounts, eligibility criteria and application processes vary.
Other trusts and foundations will consider requests for funding at any time of the year. These expressions of interest and requests may be accepted via post, email or online form.
The Trust and Foundations Coordinator can guide you through this process. Please submit your details and the Trust and Foundations Coordinator will be in contact to discuss the funding needs of your research project or education program.