The Course Quality Advisory Group is an essential mechanism for the continuous monitoring of course quality and improvement.
Terms of reference
The Course Quality Advisory Group will:
- Review and make recommendations based on quality indicator data (Key Accountability Measures and Operational Performance Measures) for course/s and the topics within them
- Seek and contribute additional input focused on continuous improvement of the course/s and the topics within them
- Focus on monitoring and improvement of both curriculum and teaching quality, and
- Take a risk-based approach to identify topics within courses that require a more detailed review
1. If KAMs and OPSs at the topic level highlight indicators of rise, the Course Quality Advisory Group will request that the relevant Topic Coordinators submit a structured summary report focussed on student learning and success, aligned with the KAMs and OPMs for the relevant topics.
2. In accordance with Section 4 in the Educational Quality Framework, reports prepared by Topic Coordinators will be informed by outcomes of student perspectives on teaching.
The composition of a Course Quality Advisory Group must include:
- College Teaching Program Directors or their nominees for the course/s overseen by the Course Quality Advisory Group, one of whom must serve as the Chair (ex officio)
- The academic lead for any professional accreditation relating to the course/s overseen by the Course Quality Advisory Group (ex officio)
- Another Flinders University academic staff member with expertise in a related discipline area (ex officio)
- At least two student representatives where available, or if more than one student is not available, one student representative (ex officio)
- At least one member who is not a staff member of Flinders University, and has academic or industry expertise in the relevant discipline area (ex officio)
- At least one representative from a professional body, government, community or other organisation with expertise in the discipline area.
For current year membership please refer queries to the Contact person indicated below.
50% of members to the next higher whole number