If you are a Flinders staff member seeking a contractor to work in your area, please follow these guidelines:
- Before engaging a business or individual, please make sure you have followed any relevant procedures for your area and received all required approvals from your supervisor.
- Refer to the Requirements for Contractor Engagement Guide for examples of what is needed for different types of contractor works.
- Review the Contractor Safety Management Procedures for details on what is required of you as a University responsible person.
- Check the Contractor Directory list to see if your suggested supplier is already registered with the University.
- If they are not registered, you will need to arrange or sponsor a FAN (Flinders Authentication Name) through AccessNow.
- Once their FAN is set up, the contractor needs to register with the University on the online portal. Please note that all employees who will work on site will also require a FAN before starting.
- All contractors who will work on site will need to complete the online induction before work starts. This can be done on their mobile device through the Now Agent app or online portal on their personal computer. Contractors may also need to complete a site-specific induction.
Note that registered companies are responsible for uploading copies of their latest insurance certificates to the online portal.
Please refer to the Policy library and the Contractor safety page for work, health and safety information and documentation for contractors.
For more information, you can read the quick reference guides under ‘Engaging external contractors’ on Flinders Learning Online.