The BGL Learning and Teaching Academy Steering Committee provides a structure within which to consolidate and leverage existing activities for learning and teaching innovation, enrichment, and scholarship.
The objectives of the BGL Learning and Teaching Academy Steering Committee are to:
- Create an environment to explore and support innovative learning and teaching.
- Position the College of Business Government and Law as education experts.
- Improve teaching quality and practices within and between disciplines within the College.
- Increase the College of Business Government and Law College brand awareness.
- Raise the profile and build awareness of Teaching Specialists with the College of Business Government and Law.
- Generate and facilitate scholarship of Learning and Teaching opportunities.
The College based Learning and Teaching Academy Steering Committee will enable those involved in teaching, and in particular Teaching Specialists, to:
- be leaders in learning and teaching excellence and innovation
- work on key College-based activities to support University/College initiatives such as:
- Indigenisation of curriculum
- outreach to schools
- retention projects (in conjunction with the Student Life Committee)
- wellbeing initiatives (in conjunction with the Student Life Committee)
- assume College leadership roles in learning and teaching
- engage in peer mentoring and peer review (both within and outside of the academy)
- engage in professional development and share practice
- promote and embed engagement with Advance HE
- meet the expectations related to being a Teaching Specialist.
The BGL Learning and Teaching Academy Steering Committee is open to all teaching academics including teaching specialists and balanced academics. Professional staff can also participate in relevant activities. Professional and academic staff aligned with colleges can participate in college-based activities as well as university-wide activities.
- Dean (Education), Co-Director (ex-officio)
- Co-Director (Appointed by the Dean (Education)) (ex-officio)
- Four (4) Academic Staff members of the College, each representing a different discipline. (ex-officio)
- Project leads (on ad hoc basis)
- Additional members as co opted
- Executive Officer for the College Education Committee (in attendance)
- Manager, AACSB Project (in attendance)
The Steering Committee will provide advice to the Dean (Education) as to the distribution of the budget allocated for BGL L&T Academy activities.
The Steering Committee will meet 4 times per year (or more frequently if it determines is necessary) to consider the progress of projects underway, and to initiate new projects if required.
Term of office: One calendar year.