Student Consultative Committees will be formed in College Teaching Programs to support the Flinders University drive to be Student Centered and to partner with our students to ensure their success. The committee will discuss matters of broad concern regarding learning and teaching, and the wider student experience, including student support.
The Student Consultative Committee (the 'Committee') is to act as a forum to facilitate two-way discussion, consultation and collaboration between the Teaching Program leadership and student representatives in the Teaching Program.
The role of the Committee is:
- To enable and encourage students and staff to discuss together the direction and activities of the College and associated Teaching Programs with a view to enhancing the student academic and social experience.
- To facilitate greater communication and collaboration between staff and students.
- To provide a forum for the Teaching Program leadership to consult with student representatives on new initiatives or developments within the Teaching Program and to seek input on how these changes may affect students.
- To provide a forum for students to raise concerns, share what is working well and make suggestions about student-related matters within the responsibility of the Program.
- As staff and students together, consider and seek to resolve problems that are of general concern to students undertaking courses or academic programs, including research higher degree programs, within the College.
- The Committee will not consider individual appeals, complaints or grievances made by students.
Composition and term
- Vice-President and Executive Dean or nominee (Chair)
- Dean of Law
- Teaching Program Director for the Program (ex officio)
- Director of College Services
- a minimum of six student representatives from a range of courses/year levels within a program within the College, including undergraduate and postgraduate student representatives and international students, appointed by the Chair
Student representatives will have a one year term.
The Committee will convene at least once per semester (or more frequently as determined by the membership).
|Associate Professor Tania Leiman
||Dean of Law (Chair) (ex officio)
|Professor Michael Gilding
||Vice President and Executive Dean (ex officio)
|Dr Judith Bannister
||Teaching Program Director (ex officio)
||Director, College Services
|Ms Renee Cannon
College Support Officer