The Manager and Equal Opportunity and Diversity at Flinders University are responsible for reporting to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency on the policies and initiatives at Flinders that assist in removing barriers to employment for women.
We are particularly keen to be supportive of our pregnant and potentially pregnant employees and employees who are breastfeeding.
We hold maternity leave discussion forums twice a year for staff and supervisors - anyone with an interest in issues impacting on pregnant or breastfeeding women (supervisors, those thinking of becoming pregnant, returned from maternity leave, breastfeeding) both male and female are welcome to attend.
Are you pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant? Or returned from maternity leave, or breastfeeding?
These forums are an opportunity to find out about policies and available support, as well as to let us know any difficulties you might have come across.
Are you interested in issues impacting on pregnant or breastfeeding women?
Everyone is welcome to attend these forums - male and female.
What will we discuss?
The format for the forum is informal, with no strict agenda, but the sort of issues we usually discuss include:
- Information on discrimination, rights and responsibilities
- Leave (antenatal, maternity, partner; paid/half pay/unpaid; etc)
- Support women found helpful during pregnancy at work
- Support for breastfeeding
- Flexible return to work arrangements
- Keeping in touch while on maternity leave
- Pregnancy and parenting online community