Terms of reference
In accordance with policy established by Academic Senate and funding allocations determined from time to time by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and the Strategic Research Advisory Committee, the Scholarships Committee will foster and encourage postgraduate research in the University by undertaking the following:
Determining the award of postgraduate scholarships.
Distributing such other funds for postgraduate student support as may be available from time to time.
Monitoring the progress of scholarship holders and approving extensions to scholarships as appropriate.
Proposing to Academic Senate, through the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), changes to the conditions of award of existing scholarships and to policy relating to postgraduate scholarships.
Forward to the Chair of the Academic Senate by 30 June each year a Report on its activities for the preceding 12 months.
Chairperson appointed by the Vice-Chancellor
Representatives of each of the six Colleges
- Professor Willem De Lint - College of Business, Government and Law
- Dr Melanie Takarangi - College of Education, Psychology and Social Work
- Professor Susanne Schech - College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
- Professor Paul Ward - College of Medicine and Public Health
- Associate Professor Diane Chamberlaine - College of Nursing and Public Health
- Associate Professor Catherine Abbott - College of Science and Engineering
Contact the Secretary
Operations Lead - Student Finance and Scholarship Services
Phone: 8201 3249