The Events and Engagement team works to ensure that Flinders' research, achievements and brand is showcased at the highest calibre; and that the entire Flinders community which is made up of current and future students, researchers, partners, stakeholders and all other guests attending Flinders events enjoy experiences that enhance Flinders' FEARLESS reputation.
In partnership with Colleges and Portfolios, the Events and External Engagement team may be able to assist in making your event a success by providing:
- Advice on venues both on and off campus
- Advice on catering, appropriate decorations, and alcohol licensing
- Guest list templates and recommendations (including alumni, donors, corporate partners, Government, Members of Parliament and VIPs)
- Access to online event management systems to manage attendance, registration, and event promotion
- Protocol guidance
- RSVP and ticket sales management
- Support in producing invitations, promotional materials, nametags, with appropriate Flinders branding
- Flinders branded banners, lectern posters and tablecloths
- Corporate publications such as Encounter, Brave Minds
When should I contact the Events and Engagement team?
The Events Team prioritises events which:
- Have a university-wide impact
- Have touch points with industry and/or Government or Members of Parliament
- Are recruitment or revenue focused
- Drivers of brand/reputation awareness
The level of event support provided is determined by an event tier categorisation system which is relative to the scale and profile of the event. Please refer to the below for tier categorisation information and recommended timeframes.