Are you organising an event?
Are you organising a one-off event? Perhaps you need some modification of a venue, such as setting up equipment or furniture?
Before you send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, make sure you:
- Consider the impact of the event on teaching in and around the area to be booked.
- Liaise with College managers responsible for areas adjacent to that space seeking confirmation that the event will not have a significant impact on teaching.
- If you're using a courtyard or public space, clearly identify the specific area to be booked; for example, 'the western half of Social Sciences South courtyard' or 'under the east wing overhang of the Humanities courtyard.'
- Check whether you need an event safety checklist.
If an event safety checklist is required, and/or other University teams (such as Property, Facilities & Development which includes Security and Campus Services) require information from the event organiser, the following will occur:
- The venue will be booked as tentative.
- The event organiser must complete an event safety checklist and forward this information to the WHS Unit and Security.
- Only when the checklist has been confirmed as checked by the WHS Unit (and other University teams have no objections) will the event be changed from tentative status to 'Booked.'
- A confirmation email will be sent to the event organiser by event bookings.
Depending on the event format, the event organiser should submit the relevant of the WHS event safety checklist found on the Work Health and Safety web site.