Asbestos Safety Management
The University has a policy on the identification and management of asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).
The Asbestos Safety Management Policy .
Work with or removal of asbestos
The University has a comprehensive register of all identified asbestos and ACM in the University buildings. This register should be used to identify possible locations of asbestos and ACM.
Before a Flinders University Asbestos Permit is authorised, copies of the following documents are required on site:
- Copy of the Sample Analysis Test Results
- The removalist’s licence to remove asbestos
- The removalist’s current insurance cover for asbestos removal
- The current training records for staff undertaking the removal work
- The asbestos removal notification from SafeWork SA
- Proposed air monitoring program if required
- The Safe Work Procedures for the proposed work
- A site specific Safe Work Method Statement/JSA, which must be read & signed by all staff undertaking the removal work.
- Asbestos Removal Control Plan
University Asbestos Management Co-ordinator
Telephone: 08 8201 2177
Asbestos Management Co-ordinator is responsible for coordinating and ensuring University-wide compliance with the Asbestos Management Plan; and ensuring the University’s Asbestos Register is maintained, reviewed, kept up-to-date and made available as required by legislation.