The Legal team has qualified, experienced lawyers and contract officers.
We provide a range of legal services to the University that academic and professional staff can access. Legal advice is best sought as early as possible.
If we cannot provide you with advice we can assist you in obtaining advice from the best source. This will help you get the best advice as quickly as possible, keep the cost down and assist in risk management of your project for the University.
- Assistance with litigation
- Contract planning, drafting, review and negotiation
- Dispute resolution (contracts, employment etc.)
- Freedom of Information (FOI) advice
- Intellectual property advice
- Legal compliance advice
- Managing external legal service providers
- Privacy law and policy advice
- Review of contracts and advice and representation as needed. Research contracts (such as grants) should in the first instance be directed to Research Development and Support (RDS).
How to request legal advice
Lodge a request with the Legal team on Service One.
For urgent matters, please call the University's General Counsel on 8201 2887, however you should generally allow ten business days for your request to be processed and the advice to be provided.
Once we have received your instructions and all of the documents, your request will be allocated to one of the lawyers in the team and that lawyer may contact you if further information is required.