How do I engage a contractor?
We prefer to engage contractors using the terms set out in our Independent Contractor Services Agreement.
At the time of making contact with us, please provide:
- The name of your contractor, their ABN / ACN (if any), address and contact details.
- A brief description of:
- the services that your contractor will provide
- the desired outcome or result of the engagement
- the product to be provided (if any).
- The timeframe in which the contractor will provide the services, being either:
- A start date and end date, or
- A defined term (eg: one month) and the commencement date.
- The price to be paid by the University, together with any written quotes you have obtained.
We will use this information to prepare a draft ICSA for you to review.
Do I need to obtain any quotes?
You will need to obtain more than one quote if your proposed spend exceeds $5,000.
If your proposed spend is $5,000 or more, but you do not propose to obtain more than one quote, you must complete an Exemption from Quotation Form.
Depending on the spend amount, the exemption must be approved by the Director, College Services or the Vice-President and Executive Dean of your College.
The University’s Purchasing Policy sets out the expectations regarding quotations in further detail.