We provide high quality research administrative support that enables the College and its researchers to reach their research goals.
College Research Support staff are embedded within each College and provide front line, bespoke support to the College and its researchers under the strategic direction of the Dean of Research. The College research support staff are the first point of contact for College researchers’ general queries as well as being able to provide more specific advice and support. Where needed we are a conduit for information and requests for support between the College and other specialist RDS members or central portfolio support. It is our role to support the improvement of the research performance and reputation of the College and so the University.
We can help you with:
- Supporting the Deans of Research to achieve the strategic research objectives for each College
- Providing services and advice to the research community, and direct questions and requests to team members, as required
- Supporting the development of partnerships that aim to improve collaborations between Colleges and with external parties
- Working in close collaboration with the RDS Research Grants teams to ensure:
- effective identification of research income opportunities
- delivery of effective pre-award, grant development and application services, and
- timely assistance in bringing together multidisciplinary groups to facilitate preparation of major grant applications to external funding bodies
- Collaborating with the Research Contracts and Grants Finance teams to deliver complete post-award support to researchers
- Coordination of key College research administration processes and communications throughout the College, including with Research Centres and Institutes staff
- Providing advice regarding University research related policies and procedures