The Multimedia Recording Studio (‘the Studio’) provides a professional look to video recordings by ‘immersing’ the presenter into the recording (like TV news weather presenters standing in front of the weather map), making it more visually appealing to the audience.
The Studio is a self-service video and audio recording studio at the Sturt campus available to all staff. The Studio offers green screen technology, where the presenters are filmed in front of a green wall (as per the picture) which is replaced with a backdrop of your choice – PowerPoint presentation, images, video, web sites (live) or even Skype or WebEx calls.
The room is easy to use and requires no post-processing of the video (other than simple trimming) as all the video mixing magic happens live during the recording.
Benefits of using the Studio
There are many benefits to providing online videos to students in their FLO sites. These include:
- content or instructions are provided to students for review prior to face-to-face sessions, allowing for more interactive and collaborative tutorial or lecture time
- recordings can be paused and reviewed as many times as needed, suiting different learning preferences and language competencies
- provides flexibility to students in accessing learning and attendance requirements
- provides rich visual media to explain concepts to students
- are reusable for future delivery of other subjects and to other audiences.
Using the Studio for the first time
We can arrange familiarisation sessions to discuss requirements regarding PowerPoint file styles, fonts, colours, clothing etc., and expected outcomes, including a brief training session on how to use the Studio. Tips and tricks are also available on the eLearning Gateway. You can submit a Service One request to arrange a familiarisation and training session. The Studio can be booked using the Outlook calendar system (Room – U_STS_418_Multimedia_Recording_Studio).
If on-the-day support is needed, please include a note with your booking.