The Internal Audit Program is designed to help the University to achieve its objectives, by evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the University’s operations and identifying opportunities for improvement. It is a critical element of the University’s risk management, control and governance processes.
The University undertakes a risk based approach to planning the Internal Audit Program, which is designed to provide assurance to the University’s governing bodies (principally via the Audit and Risk Committee), as well as identifying opportunities for improvement.
The program is managed by Risk and Assurance Services and delivered by an independent external partner.
Risk and Assurance Services provides the following functions:
- advising you when an audit has been scheduled
- seeking feedback on completion of an audit, for the purposes of continuous improvement
- monitoring and reviewing improvement actions agreed in response to audit findings
- managing updates to the Audit and Risk Committee on progress against agreed actions
- resolving any ad hoc issues
Please contact the Risk and Assurance Services team for further information.