As per the Freedom of Information (Fees and Charges) Regulations 2018, the current application fee for access to documents is $37.50 (this fee will increase to $38.25 from 1 July 2021). Your FOI request may incur other costs, depending on the scope of your request, how much searching is required, how long it would take for us to sort and compile the documents, if we need to consult outside of the University, etc.
Note that fees charged under the FOI Act will increase from 1 July 2021, see list below.
Some of the most common chargeable fees under the Freedom of Information (Fees and Charges) Regulations 2018 are:
- Application fee - $37.50** ($38.25 from 1 July 2021)
- For dealing with an application for access to documents - $14.10 per each 15 minutes*** ($14.40 per each 15 minutes from 1 July 2021)
- Where you require a photocopy of the document(s) - $0.20 per page
- If you require us to post or deliver the document(s) – the actual postage or delivery charges
- Application for internal review - $37.50 ($38.25 from 1 July 2021)
**An application for amendment of your personal records is free.
***The first 2 hours are free if you are requesting access to documents containing information about your personal affairs.
In certain circumstances, the FOI Act allows us to request an FOI applicant to pay a reasonable amount by way of an advance deposit if we are of the opinion that the cost of dealing with the application is likely to exceed the application fee. In those circumstances, the processing of your application will be suspended until payment of the advance deposit has been received.
Applications for amendment of your personal records are free..
The University accepts payment:
- by money order or cheque to:
Freedom of Information Officer
GPO Box 2100
ADELAIDE SA 5000
- by cash in person at the:
Governance, Legal and Risk Office
Room 125, 1st floor, Registry Building
Bedford Park campus.
- by credit card – please contact us for the payment details.