The University archives contain the business records of the University that are not active (i.e. the issues that they document are in the past) but are kept for their heritage or legal value.
The records are in a variety of formats and include information about:
- the development, provision and delivery of courses
- conduct of research
- related administrative issues
- management of the University’s buildings, assets, finances and staff
The University archives include:
- Corporate files and administrative records
- Policies, procedures and guidelines
- Employee and student records
- Annual reports and strategic plans
- Photographs about University buildings, staff and events
- Objects which document University history such as posters, clothing etc
Not all records are held at the Archive Store. A number of records are stored off-site, or have been transferred to the State Records office at Gepps Cross.
The Archives will accept all records worthy of permanent retention and other records which have lengthy retention periods, pending destruction. On request, we also sometimes scan/digitise records or answer simple research queries about our records.
To arrange for material to be transferred to the archives, contact an archivist or the Senior Records Management Officer (Ext 13056) and complete the transfer records request in Service One. To do this, you need to complete the archives transfer form (DOCX) detailing which documents are being transferred.
Access to the Archive Store is available by contacting the Records Management Archivist.