TRIM (Content Manager) is Flinders University's electronic document and records management system and the repository for official University correspondence.
TRIM is used in many areas of the University and includes electronic documents back to 2011.
Records that are currently managed in TRIM include, but are not limited to;
- Legal documents, such as contracts and agreements
- Student records
- Research projects
- Staff records
Find out more about archives and record management.
The benefits of using TRIM
There are many benefits to using TRIM such as;
- TRIM has great searchability which allows you to locate electronic documents back to 2011
- Tools such as favourites allow you to keep your current or commonly accessed records together
- TRIM provides trays which can be used together with to do items and action tracking to keep you on top of your work load
- TRIM is integrated with Office applications and windows which means documents and emails are easily added to TRIM
- Once you have finished working with documents they stay in the system and are kept until they meet their retention requirements. Disposal of records is then managed by Records and Archives in line with University and legislative requirements
- TRIM is accessible as both a desktop application and a web client making records accessible from any computer
- Security, access and permissions have been configured in TRIM to meet the Universities requirements. Please see information about our Security Model and user types for more details