The recipient of the Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Supervision is acknowledged for their outstanding achievements across the various dimensions of excellence in supervision.
The award recipient is acknowledged across the various dimensions of excellence in supervision:
- the extent and range of their supervision activities
- the positive outcomes for their students
- their respect and support for students as individuals
- their support for students’ career development
- their broader contribution to the development of supervisory practice within their College or across the University.
The Vice-Chancellor confers the Award for Excellence in HDR Supervision annually to coincide with the awarding of the Vice-Chancellor’s Prize for Doctoral Thesis Excellence.
The recipient will receive a $5,000 award and a certificate will be presented at this ceremony. The prize money may be used to support any project related to the recipient’s career development or academic work, including conference attendance and supervision. The recipient is recognised as a leader in their field and will be required to engage with other academic staff by providing up to three seminars or workshops for their College, or the university during the year following the award in consultation with the Office of Graduate Research.
For further information about the Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in HDR Supervision refer to the Recognition of Service, Donation, Significant Contributions or Personal Achievement.