Who can apply?
The Professional Staff Development Fund is open to ALL PROFESSIONAL STAFF employed on a continuing or fixed term basis with six (6) months or more continuous service (not including casual service).
- The maximum amount of funding per application is $3,500.
- The Professional Staff Development Fund will reimburse the cost amount less any GST. Please ensure your evidence of expenditure details whether or not the GST has been applied.
- The fund can be used in conjunction with Study Assistance for Professional Staff but should not duplicate the in-house professional development activities / courses offered by the University.
- It is not intended that the Fund will replace existing professional development activities and courses that have been offered and funded by the local area.
- The Fund may be used for course fees, resources required to complete the course, and related expenses such as pre-approved travel and accommodation costs.
- There is a limit of one successful application every two years per individual.
Criteria for applications
The University will award access to the fund on the following criteria:
- Relevance to an existing or future possible career at the University, as documented through the Professional Staff Performance and Development Framework;
- Relevance and benefit to the direction of the College / Portfolio / Division and the University; and
- Endorsement by the individual's immediate supervisor and the appropriate manager of the College / Division (must be one level removed from the approving supervisor).
Applications must be received BEFORE the professional development activity occurs and the fund will operate on a first come first served basis.
Reimbursement of fees
The College / Portfolio / Division has the responsibility to pay the fees up front and they will be reimbursed up to the agreed amount on evidence of expenditure.