Who can apply?
The Professional Staff Development Fund is open to ALL PROFESSIONAL STAFF employed on a continuing or fixed term basis with six (6) months or more continuous service (not including casual service).
- The maximum amount of funding per application is $3,500.
- The Professional Staff Development Fund will reimburse the cost amount less any GST. Please ensure your evidence of expenditure details whether or not the GST has been applied.
- The fund can be used in conjunction with Study Assistance for Professional Staff but should not duplicate the in-house professional development activities / courses offered by the University.
- It is not intended that the Fund will replace existing professional development activities and courses that have been offered and funded by the local area.
- The Fund may be used for course fees, resources required to complete the course, and related expenses such as pre-approved travel and accommodation costs.
- There is a limit of one successful application every two years per individual.
Criteria for applications
The University will award access to the fund on the following criteria:
- Relevance to an existing or future possible career at the University, as documented through the Professional Staff Performance and Development Framework;
- Relevance and benefit to the direction of the College / Portfolio / Division and the University; and
- Endorsement by the individual's immediate supervisor and the appropriate manager of the College / Division (must be one level removed from the approving supervisor).
Applications must be received by the Professional Development Unit BEFORE the professional development activity occurs and the fund will operate on a first come first served basis.
Reimbursement of fees
The College / Portfolio / Division has the responsibility to pay the fees up front and they will be reimbursed by the Professional Development Unit (PDU) up to the agreed amount on evidence of expenditure.