Hand sanitiser - can we get refills? And where on campus is hand sanitiser located?
Going forward, you can obtain refills by taking your bottle to:
Staff can also bring in their own bottles (up to 375mL) for refills as well.
There are shared hand sanitising units for everyone to use at various locations across campus. While we’re still in transition, the locations of these units are subject to change. View the latest locations.
Our best defence remains for people to wash their hands with soap and water properly for 20 seconds, to continue to use good cough and sneeze etiquette, where possible staying 1.5 metres apart and to stay away from work and others if you’re unwell.
How can we get some desk wipes?
Retail supplies of desk wipes can be obtained through your regular Winc stationery supplies or other retailers. The campus pharmacy usually have stock available.
- In semester 2, teaching spaces will be cleaned daily (including FMC, Tonsley and Victoria Square)
- High traffic areas, College fronts and service points are cleaned twice a day
- General office areas will continue to be cleaned as normal. Staff are responsible for cleaning their own work points – this includes desks, phones, keyboards and individual office door handles. This is particularly important for staff using shared or hot desks
- Toilets are cleaned twice a day
- Loop buses are cleaned each day, with hand sanitiser and wipes available for use on the buses
If any staff member is symptomatic we will arrange for cleaning and this can be requested through Service One. If a staff member is confirmed positive for COVID-19 cleaning will be undertaken in line with Safework and WHS’ specific instructions. This will be coordinated centrally by WHS
In relation to kitchen areas, it’s good practice to follow these simple steps:
- Don’t share food
- Use paper towels instead of tea towels or dish cloths if possible
- Use dishwashers if possible
- Keep surfaces clean and observe physical distancing recommendations
- Keep your own coffee cup on your desk, not in the kitchen
- If staff are worried about the cleanliness of shared cutlery and crockery, then they are welcome to bring in their own
Staff, students and visitors still need valid parking sessions when on campus Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can find all the information you need on the parking webpage, or use the parking query form on Service One.
Which retail and food outlets are open?
Like all businesses, it's been a challenging time for our campus retailers. It's likely opening times will continue to be subject to change and menus will be a little different for a while.
If you have booked a fleet car, wipes will be provided for you to clean the inside of the vehicle prior to and after you use the car. Please continue to pick up keys and vehicles from PFD Operations adjacent to car park 9 as usual.
If you choose to use your own vehicle instead during this time, please complete the private vehicle form.
Is Flinders Sport & Fitness open?
Flinders Sport & Fitness has reopened. Memberships have been reinstated but bookings are needed to ensure distancing requirements are met. Additional hygiene practices are in place. View further information.
Are there any prayer rooms open?
All prayer rooms are now open across all campuses including Bedford Park, Sturt, Tonsley and Victoria Square. New opening times apply to increase access in most cases and ensure the safety of students. Swipe access to Oasis’ front door is required.
Is UniSuper still available for consultations?
UniSuper is replacing face-to-face appointments with video and phone meetings—a service they have already offered to some members in more remote locations. All UniSuper campus and city offices are closed to members until further notice. Read more about UniSuper's response to COVID-19, and how to book an appointment.