This timesheet enables entry for a week of sessions. The timesheet can contain up to 5 lines to cater for different payment rates and can be repeated for any number of consecutive weeks. This is very useful for casual academics who work a set number of sessions for a specified number of weeks. On completion of the timesheet, you then submit it to your delegated approval officer for approval. You should submit the timesheet prior to the pay deadlines.
Starting and submitting a timesheet
Getting to the screen:
- Select Home > My Pay > Casual Timesheets > Casual Academic Staff Timesheet
Note: Pending timesheets can also be accessed at this point
- On the Casual Academic Staff timesheet, click the Add New record link
The following screen will appear, similar to the image below:
- Enter the 1st Week Ending date for the timesheet by selecting a date from the calendar
- Select the job number using the drop down box - click on the required job no.
- If you have more than one casual academic job you will need to record them on separate timesheets. To be sure you are selecting the correct job number, please check the account number against the copy of your 'Casual Employment' form provided by your faculty office.
- Enter the Hours Per Week for a specific paycode/rate
- Enter the Topic Number for the session
- Select the Paycode for your session using the drop down box e.g. DEM01 for a Demonstration and the rate will appear
- Continue this process by using the next line to enter the number of sessions for a different paycode/rate
- No. of Repeated Timesheets: means additional timesheets to the one you have entered. For example: enter 0 to create 1 timesheet. Or enter 4 to create 5 timesheets, this creates 1 for the first week ending date plus the same timesheet over the next 4 consecutive weeks.
- Note: If your duties change from week to week please enter 0 weeks to be repeated to generate only one timesheet
Submitting the timesheet to your delegated approval officer
- Submit to your approval officer by selecting Submit from the status pull down menu
- Click Insert at the bottom of the page and wait for the green Success message
- An email will be sent to your approval officer prompting them to approve it.
- If they do not approve it within 1day, a daily email reminder will be sent to both you and your approver until it is approved. It is therefore important that you activate your FAN to enable you to receive timesheet correspondence through University email.
- If you are unsure who your approval officer is, please check the 'Declaration & Authority' section on page 3 of the copy of your 'Casual Employment' form.
Viewing your timesheet after submitting it to your approval officer
- To view or delete your timesheet while it's waiting to be approved
- Select Home > My Pending Request from (this is a holding area for all transactions waiting for action).
- You have the option to view your timesheet in full detail (including repeated lines) by clicking on the Record Id.
- You also have the option to delete your timesheet. Select the record you wish to delete by clicking in the Delete box, select the delete button and confirm the deletion.
- To view your timesheet after being approved
Note: You can always view your timesheets at any stage of the process.
- Once your timesheet has been approved it will disappear from 'Pending Request' and can then be viewed in Home > My Pay > Casual Timesheet > Academic Staff T/S History. Timesheets cannot be deleted after being approved, please contact your approval officer to arrange amendments to an approved timesheet.