Endnote has 500 styles within the program but sometimes you need to install a dedicated style. Endnote have over 6000 styles available on their website. At the University we use a style called Harvard AGPS 6th edition (The University of Queensland Library has kindly allowed us to use their file.). This is already installed on all University computers but needs to be added to personal computers. The below instructions can be used for adding any new styles to your computer.
Directions to download style
1. Download the style for the website. Click here for the Harvard AGPS 6th style.
2. A dialogue box will open or a download window will appear depending on what browser you are using.
3. Open the file. This will then open the Endnote program and display the style.
4. In Endnote click File > Save As
5. Name the style if not correct and click Save eg. Harvard AGPS6
6. Close the style window
Adding the style to Endnote
- With Endnote open.
- Click on the Style dropdown box, choose Select Another style... from the list.
3. After a couple of seconds, you should see the Choose A Style dialogue box. You need to scroll down the list until you see the new style you have just saved. You can also type the name and it should go directly there.
4. Once you have selected it, click the Choose button.
5. You will now see the name of the style appear in the Style field of Endnote.
That’s it! When you use EndNote now, this will be the style that is used to format your citations and bibliography. Also remember to choose it in Word as your reference type.