Guidelines for staff
1. Full-time staff
As a full-time staff member, you are only required to fill out this form if there are specific weeks, days or times that you are unavailable during your normal teaching period/s. (See point 3 below for unavailability reasons)
The standard university teaching times are between the hours of 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. This form will be used to request or confirm when you are not available during those times for teaching. All unavailability requires approval from the College Dean - People and Resources.
2. Part-time staff and casual staff
All part-time staff are required to fill out this form. If you have no preference to which days/times you are unavailable, simply state this in the 'Other' box with the reason for unavailability. We can also accept this form for casual staff that are on our system, casual staff form submissions do not require approval, and can be filled in by any staff member. This will assist us with scheduling classes that have casuals that are used every year and have known unavailability.
3. You should use this form if you are requesting unavailability for the following:
- Extended annual leave has been requested and/or approved via ESS (over and above the standard 20 days per annum)
- You require a specific research day/time, based on employment fraction, due to limited access to equipment/materials
- To record your specific unavailability based on your employment fraction
4. Do not use this form to tell us :
- Resource breaks* ( Lunch)
- Travel time between campuses*
- Research day* ( unless it has to be a specific day due to a valid reason)
- Meeting times ( College or University)
- Casual tutors unavailability (Please see your Education Resource Officer)
- OSP, LSL or parental leave ( Please let your Education Resource Officer know who will be taking over your teaching for the semester)
*Syllabus Plus is configured to provide these breaks and time constraints for all teaching staff.
5. What happens with the information collected
The Dean (People & Resources) will send the approved forms to Timetabling Services for data entry into the timetabling system. The information will aid the system to schedule activities (lectures, tutorials, etc) at times when you are available to teach.
Once all staff unavailabilities are entered for each college, a collated report will be sent to the Dean for information.
- By signing/submitting this form you are granting permission for the requested unavailability to be recorded into the timetabling system.
- When the data has been entered for the college, a report will be sent for information purposes. The report will provide you a full picture of staff unavailability for your college in a single report.
- The Timetabling Services team will use the information gathered on this form to create the staff members profile and availability in the timetabling system.