As all application forms are periodically updated, you must re-download forms from the relevant website each time you submit a new application to ensure you are using the correct version.
Over the duration of a project circumstances may change and it may become necessary to modify your animal ethics approval.
The modification coversheet MUST be used for all projects (excluding projects that have already been modified more than once using the old modification forms entitled "Modification application form".
In order to modify your project, you will need to take the following action:
- Download and complete the Modification coversheet.
- Track change your approved application (the last approved version) with the modifications you wish to make to the project.
- Submit the modification coversheet, along with a WORD version of your approved application WITH TRACK CHANGES, and a newly signed WORD or PDF signature page. If the request is urgent, submit directly the Animal Welfare Committee (AWC), otherwise submit the application to the relevant sub-committee.
Modification application form
For any old projects that have already modified their project more than once using the "modification application forms", you must continue to use these forms to modify your projects.
In the event that you require an extension of time, or there are changes to personnel working on your project, you will need to take the following action:
- Download and complete the Modification application form – extension of time or Modification application form – personnel change.
- Submit a signed electronic version of your application as a single PDF file directly to the Animal Welfare Committee (AWC), together with any required supporting documentation, prior to the submission deadline.
In the event that there is a combination of changes to time, personnel, animals and/or experimental steps required, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Download and complete the Modification application form.
- Submit your completed application to the relevant Sub-Committee, together with any required supporting documentation, prior to the submission deadline.
Researchers with projects aligned to the College of Medicine and Public Health may submit their application to the Animal Ethics Review Sub-Committee, email@example.com, prior to the submission deadline.
Researchers with projects aligned to the College of Science and Engineering may submit a signed electronic version of their application to the Animal Welfare Sub-Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to the submission deadline.
Please note that in cases where the modifications alter the originally approved aims of the project, a new application will need to be submitted