The Staff Portal solution will assist the University in meeting its strategic goals, providing a new, internally facing, authenticated website for staff to interact with University services. This new website will be heavily personalised, a major theme of both the 2025 Agenda and the Digital Strategy, providing personalised access to content, services, communities and collaboration tools and spaces. The Staff Portal will also offer a rich mobile experience for staff.
Benefits of the Staff Portal
- Tailored to individuals by providing personalised access to content, services, communities and collaboration tools
- Improved search tool for content and staff information
- Modern appearance in line with the new public-facing website
- Up-to-date content with easier navigation
- Content will be FAN protected, as required
- Overall experience will be more consistent and accessible across all devices.
- Will enable the decommissioning of the legacy CMS to progress faster and reduces the University’s risk
- Introduces greater control over access to create new Staff content by using a centralised governance model
- Ensuring new content is created using appropriate web standards and styles, ensuring consistency
- Brings University web sites into line with current University structure
- Staff including professional and teaching staff, academics and researchers
- Sponsored Users including:
- Contractor staff
- Affiliate staff
- Visiting academic
- Visiting professional
- Placement coordinator
Note: The staff portal will still be accessible to everyone but will have areas that are FAN protected for staff only.