The Staff Portal solution will assist the University in meeting its strategic goals, providing a new, internally facing website for staff to interact with University services. The Staff Portal will also offer a rich mobile experience for staff.
The new staff Portal will be organised a little differently to the old one.
It will be information/task driven and not team/department focussed like the old one. This means that staff do not need to know what team is responsible for something to find it. Look at the bottom of the page though. Most pages will have information on who you need to contact if you need further assistance or information about a topic.
Benefits of the Staff Portal
- Task driven rather than department driven content
- Improved search tool for content and staff information
- Modern appearance in line with the new public-facing website
- Up-to-date content with easier navigation
- Content will be FAN protected, as required
- Overall experience will be more consistent and accessible across all devices.
- Will enable the decommissioning of the legacy CMS to progress faster and reduces the University’s risk
- Introduces greater control over access to create new Staff content by using a centralised governance model
- Ensuring new content is created using appropriate web standards and styles, ensuring consistency
- Brings University web sites into line with current University structure
- Staff including professional and teaching staff, academics and researchers
- Sponsored Users including:
- Contractor staff
- Affiliate staff
- Visiting academic
- Visiting professional
- Placement coordinator
Note: The staff portal will still be accessible to everyone but will have areas that are FAN protected for staff only.