Following yesterday’s announcement from the Premier and Department of Health, I take this opportunity to confirm the continuation of the following leave arrangements announced in March concerning COVID which will remain in place for the remainder of the year.
All staff (including casuals) will have access to up to ten working days of paid Special Leave for COVID related reasons. The arrangements exceed the requirements of our Enterprise Agreement for all categories of employment and are intended to offer some assistance to staff during this time.
Categories of paid leave
Continuing and contract staff:
- who have contracted COVID-19 will have access to their accrued Personal Leave as normal. Staff members with insufficient accrued leave may access paid Special Leave.
- who are required by the Health Department to self-isolate will first be considered for their ability to work from home. Those whose duties make this impossible will have access to paid Special Leave.
- who are required to care for a family member who is sick will have access to their accrued Personal (carer’s) Leave as normal. Staff members with insufficient accrued leave may access paid Special Leave.
- In an imposed Shutdown, some staff will be required to work to support essential functions on campus and some will be required to work from home. Staff not required to work will have access to paid Special Leave, Annual Leave or Long Service Leave.
- who have been rostered for work in the coming months will have access to up to ten days paid Special Leave if they are diagnosed with COVID-19, otherwise required to self-isolate, or during an imposed Shutdown.
- who are subject either to an imposed self-isolation period or an imposed Shutdown will first be considered for their ability to work from home. Those whose duties make this impossible may access any remaining Special Leave.
For any clarification, please contact your People and Culture Business Partner.