Last night, the Prime Minister announced enhanced measures to slow the spread of coronavirus.
We will continue to align ourselves with the advice and actions of the Federal Government. This means we have implemented the enhanced coronavirus measures from midday today.
As such, Flinders Sport & Fitness, Oasis and the prayer rooms at Tonsley, Sturt and McHughs have been closed.
Our other food and beverage retailers on campus can choose to remain open but only for takeaway/delivery. Loose seating around food and beverage outlets has been removed.
We recognise the Government’s measures will have a significant negative impact on our campus retailers, Flinders Sport & Fitness and their employees. We’ll continue to discuss these impacts with them in the coming days.
All the existing measures still remain in place:
- No non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people outside or more than 100 people inside.
- All non-essential indoor gatherings of less than 100 people must have no more than one person per 4 sqm.
- Where possible, keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- International and interstate travel is restricted. Avoid non-essential travel.
- Restrictions on entering aged care homes to protect Australians.
I know this is a particularly difficult and challenging time for everyone. However, to slow the spread of the virus, everyone must practice good hygiene and keep a healthy physical distance between individuals.
Thank you to our wonderful Flinders community for continuing to do the right thing.
As information changes so quickly, please check our staff and student websites for regular updates.
Take care and look after each other.
Property, Facilities and Development